Experience the Heart and Soul of San Miguel de Allende and have the adventure of a lifetime while doing good for needy children. We are thrilled to announce that our popular Travel With a Purpose tour is open for registration, and will be held once again in San Miguel de Allende March 5 through March 11, 2024.
San Miguel de Allende has been named “Best Small City in the World” by Condé Nast Traveler magazine six times. You can experience this UNESCO World Heritage of Humanity Site as an insider, not a tourist, and have fun while contributing to the education and well-being of children in the most disadvantaged rural communities of the municipality.
Attendees of this exclusive excursion, limited to 20 participants, will enjoy the culture, history, music, and incredible food of this enchanting colonial gem while helping us continue to feed more than 5,000 needy children a nutritious lunch every school day. You will also help us celebrate the 40th anniversary of Feed the Hungry’s founding!
This unforgettable experience will include:
- Lodging in beautiful private homes in the heart of the San Miguel de Allende’s historic district. Your hosts are local residents and will provide any assistance required.
- Cultural experiences, entertainment, and phenomenal food in the city and the countryside.
- Breakfast every morning. Lunch, dinner, or cocktail parties every day in private homes and other venues.
- Special events and tours.
- Transportation to all scheduled activities.
- Ground transportation to and from Querétaro (QRO) and León (BJX) airports. (Transportation to and from Mexico City International airport can be arranged for an additional cost.)
We will also visit the school kitchen in Montecillo de Nieto, where you can meet the children you are helping support through your participation in this travel experience. During school year 2022-2023, we served hot meals every school day to 74 elementary and kindergarten students.
Secure your place today before this popular event sells out! To register, or for more information, please contact Feed the Hungry San Miguel Board member Liz Dietz: EDietz@feedthehungrysma.org.
Be sure to check our website for updates on the exciting events we have planned!